Sunday, February 8, 2015

New Territory: Why Compete?

Why can't people pursuing a committed relationship just trust each other and bring their best? 

Why is it that two people who like each other enough to want to spend time and even fall in love, always find themselves in defense mode? 

We act as though expressing sentiment or vulnerability will make us appear weak. 

Why is that? 

I asked James as much. 

I said, "Couples should try to outdo one another, but not in a negative way. " 

I think that instead of trying to show the other person how little you can care about them, you should try to show how much you care! 

Couples should spend their time trying to make their partner feel loved. 

"Let's see who can make the other feel the most love! Let's compete that way!"

James said he thought that I had an excellent idea! 

What do you think?

3 comments:

Jewel said...

This is a great idea. I always say a committed relationship shouldn't be 50/50, with each person only giving half. It should be 100/100-- each person giving all they have, and then some. :)

Unknown said...

Exactly. Why compete if we want the same results? Let's work together

Unknown said...

I found the love of my life in Affluent Single

I sent him a wink and he reply immediately, we emailed back and forth all day and night. He asked me for my number and I gave it to him. We then texted, and spoke on the phone every day for a week before meeting. We met in Oklahoma city because he is a heart surgeon and he was on call that weekend. He flew me over to Oklahoma. From the moment we met we knew we wanted to be with each other for the rest of our life. We had connected by phone sharing our hearts. When we met it was a stronger validation to what we felt for each other.