Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Reality Check! Im Gonna Have to Move

These are the flowers James gave me


ATTENTION: THIS POST IS INCOMPLETE. I ORIGINALLY WROTE IT FOR JUNE 26, AND IT WAS DELETED. I WAS SO UPSET BECAUSE IT WAS A LONG POST. I DIDNT FINISH IT. PUBLISHING ANYWAY.... I HAVE SOME AMAZING POSTS COMING, SO NO WORRIES. AND TO GET TO THE BOTTOM LINE, AT THIS TIME, WE ARE NOT MOVING IN. HE ASKED THAT I MOVE OUT MY PLACE AND GET A SPOT WITH HIM. MY ANSWER AT THIS TIME IS NO.  HOWEVER, WE ARE STILL WORKING THROUGH THE IDEA...

James and I have been busy these last couple weeks, so we haven't seen each other as much as we would like.
Yesterday he texted me that he'd be at my place by the time I got home from school. I was so excited! I could hardly wait for 5:00 to roll around. I cleared my station quickly and hit I495.

When I pulled up to my house, I saw James' car and immediately I was giggling to myself. I was so happy to see him. My whole drive home I envisioned walking in the house and telling James to come to me. Then I'd stand on tiptoes to kiss him all dramatically. I don't know why but I still get so excited when he's around. I'm so good at playing it down though, that James doesn't know how I feel. 

When I came inside, I could smell food cooking. We hadn't cooked together in a while. I wondered whether he was cooking or was he planning to invite me to assist. 

I didn't have time to think beyond that because that's when I heard him moving around in the room above me. I followed the sounds upstairs and realized he was in the shower. 

My whole sexy, "kiss me" plan was spoiled. I cracked the bathroom door open and stuck my head in. I watched him for a moment before saying, "Hi." 

He said, "Hey babe."

I just stared at him while leaning against the door. 

He said, "What's up?" 

I said, "Nothing. But I don't know what to do about a problem I have." 

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Well, I was picturing myself coming home and kissing you, but you're in the shower and I don't want to get wet."

He stood there thinking. So did I.

I stood very still before I got the bright idea to open the shower door that was nearest the shower head. That way I wouldn't get wet. James leaned down and let me kiss him. My face got a little wet. It was cool though. We kissed for a while. I felt weak in the knees and they buckled under me. I said, "Dang! Your kisses literally make me weak in the knees!" 

He just looked at me as though he didn't believe me. I told him I wasn't faking. He said, "You usually don't kiss me like that." I asked what he meant by that, and he said I usually don't kiss all wild and crazy.  I told him I just really missed him. 

He just smiled and got back to cleaning up. I went back downstairs and started unpacking my school bag. 

I snuck a peek into the pots he had on the stove, and saw some potatoes and green beans cooking. I noticed the fake flowers in the vase on my kitchen table had been replaced with fresh flowers. I smiled to myself. I like that. I like THIS.

I decided to ask him about this living together situation later. I wanted to clarify and solidly plan for a future. And I think I want him coming home to me every night. 

I was still standing in the kitchen thinking about the future when James come up behind me and picks me up like I weigh nothing. He starts dancing to the music playing on his phone. I'm just laughing. I said, "One day you won't be picking me up like this!" 

He said, "Long as you weigh under a buck fifty, I'll be tossing you around easily!" 

We started getting frisky right there in the kitchen. We moved to the living room and were just really getting into it. We were starting to undress each other and everything, when all of a sudden James shouts, "The food!" I look up and notice smoke wafting into the living room from the kitchen. I jump up too. But instead of the kitchen, I headed for the steps. 

I said, "I hope dinner ain't gonna be Cajun style!" 

I need to wash up anyway. James told me he'd take care of the food, and that I should go ahead and shower. Dinner would be fine. 

I went up to shower and change into loungewear. When I got back to the kitchen, James had our plates made. It was steak, potatoes green beans and cheese bread. He did a really good job too. Last time he cooked, it was dry. I told him he's redeemed himself. We laughed. He told me the potatoes got a bit scorched so he simply cut the burnt part off before serving. I laughed. I said, "Babe, this is ridiculous! We are acting like teenagers!" We joked about how we are always all over each other like kids. 

Then James got serious. He said he was disappointed that I didn't notice the flowers. I didn't admit that I had actually noticed them. I don't know why I held that back. I just did. Anyway, I apologized and said thanks and I appreciate his thoughtfulness. He told me his original idea was for us to cook together but then he decided to cook for me so I wouldn't have to do anything. 

I asked him about his intentions to move in. He 



No comments: