Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Ferrets, Shrimp Alfredo and DeNiro


the female ferret loved hiding under my skirt

This past Sunday I had an all-day date with Policy Maker. It was impromptu. I was in VA Beach visiting my mom and realized that my cousin probably didn’t let my dog out. So I texted her and found out that I was right. So I jumped up and got on the road. During the ride home, which took about 2.5 hours, I spoke with Policy Maker and asked him if he wanted to hang out. He said he would like to after church and he was open to making dinner for me. I thought it was a fabulous idea. I got home, relaxed a bit, changed and headed to Alexandria, where he lives. He lives in a nice apartment community near my old job off Eisenhower Ave. He told me to bring a swimsuit because there is a pool in his complex. I brought my cute suit, and decided to wear full makeup and hair, because I wasn’t gonna swim, swim. Just get in up to the neck. Still try to be cute! LOL didn’t matter because I ended up not going to the pool.
So I got to his place and he gave me a tour. His two-bedroom was tidy, but barely decorated. A real bachelor pad. He showed me his children’s room. And it was clean. It also contained a huge cage with two ferrets inside. I like the ferrets. He told me all about ferrets and how to take care of them. I asked if he would let them out and he told me he would, later.
Before I got to his house, he was in the gym, so he needed to shower. He let the ferrets out to keep me busy until he was done washing up and getting dressed. I liked them. They loved hiding underneath my skirt. It was funny.
Next, he went through his movie collection and asked me what I wanted to watch. I settled on two films, “Kick-Ass” and “Hide and Seek.” I watched Kick-Ass first, while Policy Maker prepared dinner. I was comfortable. I stretched out on his sectional sofa and he even got me a blanket to cuddle up in.
The movie was really good. Near the end, he announced that dinner was ready. He gave me the choice of watching in front of the TV or eating at the table. I chose the table, so we could talk and get to know each other better.
He told me all about his children and I could tell he loved them a lot. They seem very bright, the both of them, and he even showed me photos of them. I was impressed. They are adorable on top of everything. I thought his ex-wife must be pretty. I asked him why he was divorced and we also spoke about the other ladies he was dating. He asked me how I felt about that. I told him I was glad he was honest because all men date multiple women until they find one they really like. I told him I can’t feel jealous because I’m not sure I want to pursue anything with him yet, so date on! He said he has reservations about me because he knows that I am hesitant due to him having small children. He told me that he and his kids are a package. I understand that.
Anyway, dinner was shrimp Alfredo with large shells and green beans. It was a man-meal, but still it was delicious. I even asked for a second helping later in the evening during the movie, “Hide and Seek.”
At one point Policy Maker insisted on sitting behind me during the second movie, so I reluctantly reclined against him, but it was okay in the end. I’m still deciding how physically attracted I am to him. He’s just so thin. I mean he’s handsome for sure, but I don’t get excited when I see him. You know? It’s tough to explain. It has nothing to do with his looks.
Overall, I really like the way he seems excited about everything. He seems to have a natural joy and zest for life. I think it’s infectious and I need that positive influence. (Especially these days, when everything that can go wrong, seems to do just that. Oh, Mercury in retrograde, I rue your existence!!!) And I love that he loves his children and spends lots of time with them. He’s also attentive and caring.
The day eventually turned to night and I began to get sleepy. I told him I had to go, and he didn’t want me to leave sleepy like that. But I insisted, and he walked me to my car. He gave me a hug (a little too long for my taste) and waved goodbye as I pulled off.
You know what it is with him? He seems like a keeper. But I don’t want to get too close to him because I’m unsure about him having children. I told him as much and he respects me for being open. He said that he understands this is all new for me, and to take my time. We can still get to know each other and there will be no pressure. I told him that I know he is looking for long term, and I am too, but I’m not sure I want to eventually be anyone’s step mom. Not that we are going to get married but I’m just not trying to waste his time, because I’m not sure if that is a deal-breaker.
I agreed to keep getting to know him without pressure and see where things go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a catch

Unknown said...

He's nice and all, but I friend zoned him.

Unknown said...

He's nice and all, but I friend zoned him.