Tuesday, January 27, 2015

New Territory: Stepping Up Showing He Cares

making something at the stove
I tease James often about how lucky he is to be dating an Esthetician who genuinely loves pampering people. He gets massages every day. I trim his eyebrows, fingernails and even give him monthly facials. I love taking care of him, so I'm not complaining. I just want to set the scene for you.
Anyway, In return for the spa treatment, he also has to allow me to use my modalities on him when I'm learning a new skill or machine.

Not a bad trade off, right?
Well, in these past few weeks, he's been doing more than being my guinea pig! He's been buying groceries, replacing things that have been used without my asking, cooking, and he even fixed a couple things around the house and cleaned the kitchen! He's asked me to text him when I get to school and when I make it home in the evenings now, too.
I am very pleased. I like not having to ask James to do things.
He had perfect timing too, because I had just started thinking about him and how he would just drink my juice or eat food and not offer to buy dinner or even just clean up more after himself, instead of leaving it for me in "my house." You know? Acting like a guest...
I think he's starting to feel less like a guest and more at home these days.
Awesomeness!!!
I don't have a problem with that. 

No comments: