Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Letting Go: Confessions and Reflections of an Insecure Woman


It's been quite a while since Ive actually taken the time to write my thoughts in a post, as opposed to recording a video on YouTube. That's because I wanted to think things through and make this entry on the fly.
This is serious.
This is real.
This is deep.
I'm exposing myself. I think.

But you guys are used to that by now, I'm sure.

If you have been following my blog and/or my Youtube Channel, then you're familiar with my dating journey. My highs and lows and everything in-between. I'm not going to rehash everything here. Suffice to say that Ive been through almost every conceivable situation when it comes to dating.

I've dated interracially; Ive dated older men and younger men, and even men my own age.

I have certainly played the fool many times, and I have been left baffled and perplexed by the actions of men who told me they wanted to build with me, and later changed their minds. Race does not matter when it comes to the way men act. Trust me on that one! They are pretty much all the same when it comes to playing games.

I've often wondered what part I played in the undoing of the relationship, and here's what Ive come up with:

1. Insecurity
2. Over analyzing
3. Ignoring Red Flags
4. Being Too Needy
5. Being Too Aloof
6. Not Being Myself

I'm sure Ive made more mistakes, but these are the top relationship killers, I think. Notice I listed the number one reason as Insecurity.

What are your thoughts? What kills a relationship before it even begins?














Connect with me: Facebook Twitter iReview Stuff ...OrHardlyWorking Work With Me

No comments: